Creativity is the most important skill of the 21st century, yet 40% of public elementary schools don't even have an art room.
Watch the video below to learn why now, more than ever, youth art education matters.
Quick facts about youth art education.
Kids who regularly participate in art are...
- 4x more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
- 4x more likely to participate in a math & science fair
- 3x more likely to win an award for school attendance
- 3x more likely to be elected to class office than their artless peers.
source: Americans for the Arts
Despite the evidence, the arts are still extremely underfunded in schools.
- 30% of public elementary schools have no visual arts classes, period.
- 50% of the poorest public elementary schools don't even have an art room.
- 90% of public elementary schools don't have a dance or drama teacher.